Data Centre Security
Ninefold's Australian cloud computing and storage infrastructure is based in Intellicentre 1 and Intellicentre 2, two highly certified and resilient data centres, owned and managed by Macquarie Telecom. The Macquarie Telecom team has many years of experience in designing, constructing, and operating large scale data centres.
These data centres, plus our U.S. infrastructure provides 3 high performance and scalable availability zones.
Intellicentre 1 is engineered to the first-class standards required to support the highest level of accredited security & availability for mission critical application hosting, IT infrastructure and intellectual assets.
- Facility security certifications include: ISO27001: Information Security Management System, ASIO T4 Intruder Resistant and Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) “Highly Protected”. It also has Payment Card Industry (PCI DSS) certification.
- Australian based: Where Australian availability zones are selected, data resides completely within Australia, unlike many other cloud providers. Being local also means blisteringly-fast speeds for Aussie customers.
- Enterprise-grade hardware: suppliers include EMC, Juniper, Hewlett-Packard and Dell.
- Multiple physical security measures protecting access: including mantraps, access-cards, biometric scanning and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitors.
- CCTV: including motion detection and fixed cameras with digital recording and archiving.
- Background security checks for data centre staff. Access to the data centre is limited to those with legitimate business needs.
In June 2012, Ninefold became an anchor tenant at Macquarie Telecom’s newest $60 M state-of-the-art data centre facility; Intellicentre 2 at Macquarie Park, NSW.
- Highest possible security certifications: ISO 27001: Information Security Management System and ASIO T4 Intruder Resistant. Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) Gateway certification and Payment Card Industry (PCI DSS) certification.
- Tier III Design Uptime Institute certified.
- Full N+1 redundancy, including power supply and networks, reflecting our commitment to high availability as well as security.
- Lower carbon footprint: Advanced Green IT technology and air chillers designed to help reduce carbon and energy costs.