Please read carefully before agreeing to this Customer Agreement. By agreeing to this Customer Agreement, a binding contract will form between you and us (being Ninefold® Pty Limited ABN 49 148 179 846 (Ninefold)).
We may offer the following Services under this agreement:
- cloud servers with a variety of operating system templates;
- primary and secondary server mountable storage;
- load balancing, firewall and public internet bandwidth; and
- file based cloud storage.
- application deployment platform
All Services are managed via our customer online portal or programmatically using our published Application Programming Interface. All Services are subscribed to and charged for on a usage basis. An estimate of monthly fees will be calculated at the time Services are deployed. This will be an estimate only, calculated based on the information you provide to us. Your actual Service fee will be calculated monthly in accordance with your usage and the corresponding prices published on our website from time to time.
In addition to the Services set out above, on request by you, Ninefold may agree to provide development and operational support services (Support Services). Support Services will incur an additional fee and this fee must be agreed in writing by the parties prior to the provision of the Support Services. To the extent applicable, the provision of Support Services will be governed by the same terms and conditions applicable to all other Services provided by Ninefold.
2. SIGN UP
When you sign up for Services, you will be able to create your own account and we will grant you the right to access and use the Services in accordance with this agreement.
You may be entitled to a free trial period of 30 days (Trial Period) if you are using Ninefold for the first time. Qualification for the Trial Period is at Ninefold’s sole discretion. You will not be entitled to a free trial if you, your employer or a related entity has signed up for a free trial, for the same or a substantially similar purpose within the last 6 months, and we will bill you in accordance with this Customer Agreement.
When you sign up for any Services for which we charge fees (as indicated on our website), or before the expiration of any applicable Trial Period, you will be asked to provide credit card details. In doing so and in providing us with details of any replacement credit card, you authorise Ninefold to automatically charge the monthly charges for the Services and all other amounts due and payable to us to that credit card or the replacement credit card. This authorisation remains in effect until all the charges and other amounts are fully paid, despite the expiry or termination of this agreement. You are responsible for ensuring that the credit card details (as supplied to Ninefold) are kept up to date, accurate and complete.
You authorise us to verify your credit card for authenticity and fraud prevention by debiting a maximum of $1 from your account. We will refund the debited amount back to you within 5 working days.
3. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
We may modify this agreement by posting an updated version on our website. The modified agreement will apply once posted, and by continuing to use the Services after the effective date of the modifications, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the modifications. Please check our website regularly for any updates. We will endeavour to notify you by email in advance of any material changes to the Customer Agreement.
4. YOUR ACCOUNT AND PERMITTED USE
You can use the Services to write, develop, host and/or deliver to yourself, your personnel, your customers, your suppliers and other third parties (End Users) content, data, software, websites or other online services or technology that you store in, or that interface with, the Services. The use of Ninefold Services to generate digital currency or crypto currency (including but not limited to bitcoin and dogecoin) is strictly prohibited. If Ninefold reasonably believes you have breached this clause you agree Ninefold has the right to immediately suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
You must comply, and ensure the End Users comply, with our Acceptable Use Policy when using the Services.
You are fully responsible and liable for the acts and omissions of End Users, including any breach of this agreement, as if they were your own acts and omissions. You must ensure that the terms of your agreements with End Users are consistent with this agreement.
The term of this agreement commences when you click “Sign Up” and continues until:
- you close your account via the online portal; or
- we notify you in writing that we are terminating the agreement
You will continue to be liable to pay all the charges for the Services which you incurred up to the later of your account closure or the point of termination.
7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We may suspend your right to use the Services or terminate this agreement immediately if we have reason to believe that:
- you have breached our Acceptable Use Policy or any other policies posted on our website;
- you (or anyone with access to your account) have engaged in fraudulent or unlawful use of the Services;
- your use of the Services poses a security risk to the Services or any third party, or may adversely impact on the Services or the systems or content of any of our other customers;
- we are required to do so in order to comply with any applicable law or contractual obligation, or any order or direction of a government or regulatory authority;
- you have breached this agreement, including the payment terms; or
- you have become insolvent or bankrupt.
Upon termination of this Customer Agreement in accordance with clause 6 or 7, we are entitled to immediately delete all data placed on our network by you or via your account. You agree that we will have no liability whatsoever in respect to any loss, damage or third party claims arising from or relating to data deleted in accordance with this clause.
Your payment obligations, provisions relating to disclaimer and indemnity and any other provisions that are by nature intended to survive will survive the expiry or any termination of this agreement.
You acknowledge that:
- the Services may not be free from fault or interruption and we do not warrant that they will be;
- the Services may be unavailable during planned outages or unscheduled maintenance periods;
- we do not warrant the security, availability or privacy of the Services, or that the Services will be free from viruses and other harmful code;
- you are responsible for all of the contents and materials that you and the End Users publish using the Services; and
- we may cease providing access to any product, platform or Service by giving you 90 days notice by email or by posting a notice on the portal which will be visible when you log on.
9. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
You are responsible for:
- controlling access to and use of the Services including controlling access to and use of passwords;
- ensuring the Services are used in accordance with this Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy;
- ensuring that your and the End Users’ use of the Services complies with all applicable laws, including the laws of Australia and the United States of America (if you have selected the option to use US-based servers) and of any jurisdictions in which the End Users may be located;
- payment of all charges for the Services that are used under your account irrespective of who is responsible for incurring those charges;
- ensuring that all the information you provide to us remains current, accurate and complete; and
- promptly informing us in writing of any change to any information, including credit card details and contact information.
When entering into this agreement and using our Services, you must not:
- provide any false, inaccurate or misleading information; or
- act fraudulently in any way.
10. REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that:
- all of the information you provide to us is and remains current, accurate and complete throughout the term of this agreement;
- if you are entering into this agreement on behalf of an entity (e.g. the company you work for), you have legal authority to bind that entity to this agreement;
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you are the account holder of the credit card used to pay for Services or you are properly authorised to use the credit card to pay for Services; and
- you will not use the Services in a way that infringes any third party right or violates any applicable laws.
Without limiting our rights under clause 7, we may also suspend your use of the Services if:
- there is a planned outage;
- it is necessary due to an event beyond our control; or
- we consider it necessary for repair, maintenance or service.
12. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
Any service level commitments offered by Ninefold are set out in our Service Level Agreement (SLA). A breach of the SLA is not a breach of this agreement, and any rebates specified in the SLA are your sole and exclusive remedy, and our sole liability to you, in respect of our failure to meet the service level commitments in the SLA.
13. PAYMENT TERMS
- At the end of each billing period (which runs from the first to the last day of each month), you can retrieve your invoice from your account on our website under the heading ‘Billing and Usage’. The amount is due and payable immediately at the end of the month and will be debited to the credit card that you provided to us.
- Late payment will attract interest charges at 1.5% per month (or the maximum legal rate if it is less than 1.5%).
- Unless we have agreed in writing to alternative payment arrangements, the only form of acceptable payment is via a credit card as provided by clause 2. You are responsible for ensuring that your credit card details are kept up to date.
- Refund requests will be investigated promptly and must be made in writing via the customer support online portal. Approved refunds will only be made to the credit card on which the original purchase was made, and only in the currency in which the original transaction was completed.
- You must contact us and attempt in good faith to resolve any invoice dispute with us before requesting your credit card issuer to make a chargeback. If you fail to do this and the dispute is resolved in our favour, then you must promptly reimburse us upon demand for all the costs and expenses we have incurred due to the chargeback in addition to paying the outstanding amount to us.
- You consent to Ninefold obtaining, at any time, a credit report from a credit reporting agency and disclosing your credit card details and other relevant information to our bank for verification and payment processing purposes.
14. TAX CLAUSE
All Service charges and any other fee set out on our website are exclusive of any applicable Tax.
You are liable for any Tax, subject to Ninefold first providing an invoice. Tax means any tax (including goods and services tax but excluding any tax on Ninefold’s income), duty, levy and other similar charge (and any related interest and penalty), however designated, imposed under the laws of Australia or any jurisdiction outside Australia, with respect to the provision of any Services or on any charges. Any such Tax will be payable by you in accordance with clause 13.
All references to currency are to either Australian dollars or US dollars, and will be clearly indicated on the website.
You will have the option to select to pay for the Services in either Australian dollars or US dollars. If one of more of the Services you have selected are charged in Australian dollars and you are paying in US dollars, or if one or more of the Services you have selected are charged in US dollars and you are paying in Australian dollars, you agree that Ninefold will use a reasonable market exchange rate determined at its sole discretion. You acknowledge that you will not be notified of any fluctuations or material changes to our exchange rate and that changes to the exchange rate may result in changes to your monthly charges even if your usage is consistent.
We reserve the right to adjust pricing when necessary and will notify you at least 5 days in advance of any pricing adjustments by email or by posting a notice on the portal which will be visible when you log on.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that your access to and use of the services is at your sole risk and that the services are provided “as is” and “as available”. without limiting the foregoing, and to the extent permitted by law, all express or implied representations, conditions, warranties, guarantees or other provisions that are not contained in the terms (whether based in legislation, the common law or otherwise) are excluded, including any representations, conditions, warranties or guarantees as to acceptable quality, fitness for purpose, non-infringement or timeliness.
If any condition, warranty, guarantee or other provision is implied or imposed in relation to the legal agreement between you and ninefold (whether based in legislation, the common law or otherwise) and cannot be excluded (a non-excludable term), and we are able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a non-excludable term, then our liability for such a breach of the non-excludable term is limited to one or more of the following at our option:
- In relation to goods - the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; the repair of the goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
- In relation to services - the supplying of the services again; or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Subject to our obligations under the non-excludable terms, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the maximum aggregate liability of ninefold for all claims arising under or in relation to this agreement, or otherwise as a result of your access to and use of the services, during any 12 month period is limited to the amounts (if any) paid by you to ninefold for the services during the relevant 12 month period.
Subject to our obligations under the non-excludable terms, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event is ninefold liable under or in relation to this agreement or its subject matter for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages of any kind, nor for any loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings or goodwill, or for any loss or corruption of your data or content, even if such loss or damage was reasonably forseeable.
The limitations and exclusions in this clause 18 apply regardless of whether the liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity, or on any other basis.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our parent company, our Related Bodies Corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, licensors and agents against any loss, damage, claim, proceeding, liability and cost (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) suffered or incurred in connection with a claim against any of them by a third party (including any End User) arising out of or relating in any way to: (i) your or any End User’s use of the Services; (ii) any content, data or other materials stored, transmitted, accessed, downloaded or used by you or any End User via the Services (including where such materials are alleged to infringe any intellectual property or other rights); (iii) any breach of this agreement or any of our policies including the Acceptable Use Policy; or (iv) any breach of applicable laws.
If you have selected to use US-based servers, you acknowledge that Ninefold may respond to alleged copyright infringement notices served in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998, by taking any action required or permitted by law, including but not limited to removing the alleged infringing material.
This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Both of you and us may give notice to each other by sending an email as follows:
- to us – you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- to you – we can send an email to the email address then associated with your account.
A recipient is deemed to have received a notice sent by email one business day after it was given by the sender, unless the sender is aware the notice could not be delivered.
Neither party is liable for any delay or failure in performance of any part of the agreement, other than for a delay or failure to pay money, to the extent that such delay or failure to pay is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event means an event beyond a party’s reasonable control including, but not limited to; fire, flood, explosion, strike or governmental requirement.
- 1. SERVICES
- 2. SIGN UP
- 3. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
- 4. YOUR ACCOUNT AND PERMITTED USE
- 5. RESPONSIBILITIES
- 6. TERM
- 7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- 8. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- 9. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- 10. REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES
- 11. SUSPENSION
- 12. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
- 13. PAYMENT TERMS
- 14. TAX CLAUSE
- 15. PRICING
- 16. PRIVACY
- 17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- 18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 19. INDEMNITY
- 20. MISCELLANEOUS
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
- PROMOTIONAL TERMS
- CLOUD SECURITY