Ninefold's APIs (application programming interfaces) for both storage and compute have now been formally accepted and included in the jclouds (Java/JVM), Fog (Ruby) and Libcloud (Python) libraries. Ninefold has developed a new open source Nuget package to make the APIs more accessible on Microsoft's .NET platform. They are currently looking for developers to build an open source cloud library for PHP.
Java, Clojure and the JVM
- jclouds - an open source library that helps you get started in the cloud and reuse your Java and Clojure development skills. Their API allows you freedom to use portable abstractions or cloud-specific features. They test support of 30 cloud providers and cloud software stacks, including Amazon, GoGrid, Ninefold, vCloud, OpenStack, and Azure.
- Ninefold on Nuget - A .NET API for the Ninefold compute and storage platforms.
- fog - a Ruby cloud services library that provides an accessible entry point and facilitates cross service compatibility.
- backup - "Backup is a RubyGem, written for Linux and Mac OSX, that allows you to easily perform backup operations on both your remote, as well as your local environment. It provides you with an elegant DSL in Ruby for modeling (configuring) your backups. Backup has built-in support for various databases, storage protocols/services, syncers, compressors, encryptors and notifiers which you can mix and match. It was built with modularity, extensibility and simplicity in mind." See their Storage wiki page for instructions on how to set it up for Ninefold.
- Apache Libcloud - a standard Python library that abstracts away differences among multiple cloud provider APIs. Ninefold's support was rolled into version 0.6.0.
Note: If you are using Windows, you will need to download cacert.perm from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and set it in your code:
You can track the progress, and make contributions to, Ninefold's open source projects on our GitHub account: https://github.com/ninefold/
If you'd rather use another language, the Ninefold HTTP API guides are available for download below.
Ninefold Compute Service
Ninefold Cloud Compute API User Guide (v1)
Download this file for more detailed information on working with the Ninefold cloud compute API via HTTP requests.
To learn about setting up your cloud compute service through the Ninefold portal interface, see our Quick Start Guide to Cloud Compute.
Ninefold Storage Service
Ninefold Cloud Storage API User Guide (v1)
Download this file for more detailed information on working with the Ninefold cloud storage API via HTTP requests.
To learn about setting up your account to use the cloud storage service, see our Quick Start Guide to Cloud Storage.
- Into the deep end with Ninefold’s Compute API
- Using Python to Automate Uploads to Cloud Storage
- Leveraging Ninefold for Java Build Environments - Part 1
- Leveraging Ninefold for Better Build Environments - Part 2 - Setting up Distributed Builds